ATTENTION CO-OP DIRECTORS AND CHILD NUTRITION DIRECTORS
The purpose of this memo is to provide School Food Authorities/Local Education Agencies (SFA/LEAs) the information needed to complete the Renewal of the Policy Statement between the Arkansas Department of Education, Child Nutrition Unit (ADE CNU) and the SFA/LEA, including the Free/Reduced Price Meal Application, Income Guidelines, Forms and Letters for School Year 2018-19.
The Free/Reduced Price Meal Application, Income Guidelines Forms and Letter Packet are posted on the Child Nutrition web site at http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/child-nutrition-unit/forms.
Summary of forms that must be returned to ADE CNU for Renewal of Policy Statement by May 21, 2018:
- Free and Reduced Price Meal Application Materials, Forms, and Letters Attestation Statement
- Distribution of Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications – Methods Used
- Child Nutrition Contact Information and Appeals Hearing Attestation (if entire SFA/LEA is non-base year Provision 2 or Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) do not send this form)
- If SFA/LEA using non-ADE CNU prototype Letters for Eligibility and Verification (forms and/or letters) the SFA/LEA forms and letters must be submitted for approval as part of the Renewal Packet
DO NOT SUBMIT as part of the Renewal of the Policy Statement
- Information that MUST be on Free and Reduced Price Meal Application Materials
- Frequently Asked Questions About Free and Reduced Price School Meals – update with district specific information
- How to Apply – update with district specific information
- 2018-19 Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals – update with district specific information
- Public Release – update with district specific information
- Letters for Eligibility and Verification – update with district specific information
- Income Eligibility Guidelines for School Year 2018-19
The forms listed above are available in fillable format on the Forms page of the Child Nutrition website. These forms must be opened in Internet Explorer to be completed.
Please read this memo and the attachment Instructions for Completing Renewal of the Policy Statement carefully prior to completion and submission of forms. If there are any questions, please contact the SFA/LEA’s Area Specialist at 501-324-9502.
Districts are reminded:
- On-line meal applications must be submitted annually for approval prior to use
- All changes to the prototype forms and letters, must be approved by CNU in writing prior to distribution
- No applications for Free/Reduced Price Meals can be distributed prior to July 1, 2018, or before the district has received an approved copy of the Renewal Agreement and Policy Statement.
Please ensure that all requested materials that require original signatures are signed and returned.
Please complete and return ONE (1) set of the Renewal of the Policy Statement by the May 21, 2018 DEADLINE to:
ADE, Child Nutrition Unit
2020 West 3rd Street
Little Rock, AR 72205-4465
AFTER APPROVAL BY ADE CNU:
ADE CNU will email a copy of the Renewal of the Policy Statement to the Superintendent and the Child Nutrition Director of the School Food Authority (SFA/LEA), following approval by Suzanne Davidson, Director, ADE Child Nutrition Unit.