On behalf of Governor Asa Hutchinson, the Arkansas Department of Education is pleased to announce that the Governor's Scholastic Honors Day will be held on April 27, 2019, at the Governor's Mansion in Little Rock. Scholastic Honors Day recognizes Arkansas' best and brightest students.
- Public and private high schools are encouraged to select two students in the senior class who best represent excellent academic achievement.
- Due to scheduling limitations, each high school can only select two students to attend the event. (No exceptions)
- Selection criteria is determined entirely by the high school.
- Registration must be completed by school counselors and is to be submitted online between January 28, 2019 and March 13, 2019.
- The registration link will be sent only to school counselors.
- Information will be sent to superintendents, principals, and school counselors.
- Counselors should ensure students are available to attend the event prior to submitting their names.
- Certificates will reflect the names submitted through the registration link.
- Please check the entry to ensure the student name is correct prior to submitting your registration.
- Parent submissions will not be accepted.
- Each student's high school counselor and parents/guardians will receive an email on or after April 5, 2019, with more information, such as arrival time, time of event, etc.
- A printed letter will arrive in the mail on or after April 5, 2019.
- Please note: The event will be held at the Governor's Mansion, 1800 Center Street, Little Rock, Arkansas. There will not be a make-up day.
- Business attire is encouraged. Each student will have his or her picture taken with the governor and first lady and will receive a certificate from the governor.
- Students may bring their immediate family members to the event.
- Questions related to the Governor's Scholastic Honors Day should be directed to Suzanne Knowles, with ADE's Guidance and School Counseling Unit at 501-682-4354, or via email at Suzanne.Knowles@arkansas.gov.
Please help ensure that Arkansas' most outstanding students have the opportunity to participate in this wonderful event to honor academic performance. The governor and first lady look forward to meeting the students and their parents/guardians on April 27, 2019!