Attention Parent and Family Engagement Facilitators and Coordinators:
The Arkansas Department of Education seeks to support the inclusion of improvement goals in an organized and interconnected way across Parent and Family Engagement planning. As part of this effort, please plan to attend an upcoming training session on “Using the Family and Community Engagement Framework and Toolkit to Improve Parent and Family Engagement Plans.”
As a result of an 18-month collaborative process, the Arkansas Family and Community Engagement Coalition has created a Framework and Toolkit which includes six essentials. Arkansas stakeholders have agreed that these essentials are foundational to supporting strong family and community engagement.
Training for Facilitators and Coordinators will be offered at each of the following sites across the state on how to incorporate the Framework for Family and Community Engagement into an improved planning process. In the meantime, facilitators/coordinators can plan to review/bring school improvement plans and any other data that can inform the planning process. Seats are limited - register early!
Parent and Family Engagement Facilitators and Coordinators
· A deep dive into the new Framework for Family and Community Engagement
· An introduction to an improved Indistar planning template
· An opportunity to begin the process of putting the pieces together into one comprehensive
plan for Parent and Family Engagement.
When and Where:
- May 6: Dawson Education Service Cooperative
- May 7: Southeast Education Service Cooperative
- May 9: Crowley’s Ridge Education Service Cooperative
- May 10: Northwest Education Service Cooperative
- May 13: Philander Smith College, Little Rock
Please register for your chosen session through escWorks at https://www.escweb.net/ar_esc/
For Arkansas to lead the nation in student-focused education, effective family and community engagement must be the foundation to learning in all schools.