The Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) is reviewing AMI applications. Approved applications are posted on the DESE website at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dSFo88VXpL8XFJ3ZZkZvwOBNy6oLjPMIhiHjDtzfR1M/edit#gid=0
The Division will continue to accept Alternate Methods of Instruction (AMI) applications for the 2019-2020 school year until September 15, 2019. An AMI plan outlines instructional practices that will take place during emergency or exceptional circumstances that prevent students from physically attending school on campus. The goal of the AMI plan should be to strengthen and reinforce instructional content while supporting student learning outside the classroom environment. Effective plans address the involvement of all stakeholders including teachers, students, and parents. Sample plans and additional information may be found on the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education website (www.arkansased.org) under Alternative Methods of Instruction http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/learning-services/alternative-methods-of-instruction
- E-mail completed applications to: ADE.AMIapplication@arkansas.gov
- The deadline for applications to be submitted is September 15th.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Incomplete or partial applications will not be reviewed.
- Consult the AMI Guidance document (attached) for additional information regarding plan topics.
- Notification of status will be sent via email to the superintendent at the address provided on the application.
- Approval is granted for the current school year only. Applications must be renewed annually.
For more information please contact Tracy Webb at 501-683-0737 or firstname.lastname@example.org