Under Act 937 of 2017, bonuses for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certification are paid based on when the teacher began the National Board certification process, the length of time since certification, and the teacher's employment in a:
- School that is not a high-poverty school or a high-poverty charter school;
- High-poverty school;
- High-poverty school in a high-poverty school district; or
- High poverty charter school.
Bonuses are paid based on the previous school year, 2018-2019, school and district poverty status.
National Board Certified personnel information will be collected in Cycles 2 and 6. All current National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs) must be entered in eFinance for Cycle 2. New NBCTs announced in December, 2019 must be entered into eFinance for cycle 6.
The NBCT code must be entered on the certification screen in eFinance with the certification issue date and expiration date for any NBCT in the district. Please note:
- If a NBCT in the district was entered last year and the NBCT designation still applies, no action is necessary.
- If a NBCT changes districts, the NBCT must be entered for the present district.
When school districts enter job assignment codes in eFinance, it is imperative that the job assignments for NBCTs are up-to-date and correct in eFinance. The job assignment codes will be approved for each NBCT to verify eligibility of bonus payments. Teachers are identified from the course codes in eSchool for this NBCT report.
For additional clarification regarding the information needed on each NBCT within a school district, please see the attached document entitled “Screen Shot of NBCT Data Collection”.