Arkansas educators who pass the Praxis™ Computer Science (5652) assessment for an Arkansas educator licensure in Computer Science and add the area to their Arkansas Educator’s License may be eligible for a one-time assessment fee reimbursement by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), as funding remains available for the 2019-2020 School Year.
To be eligible for the assessment fee reimbursement, a test taker must provide the following:
- A completed Computer Science Licensure Assessment Fee Reimbursement Request Form;
- A copy of the Official Score Report provided by Educational Testing Service (ETS) showing a passing score on the computer science assessment;
- A copy of the Payment Confirmation Form provided by ETS;
- A copy of the unofficial Arkansas Educator License showing Computer Science; and
- A completed W-9 Form to include name, home address, Social Security Number, signature, and date.
The most up-to-date reimbursement request form can be found at: http://dese.ade.arkansas.gov/public/userfiles/Educator_Effectiveness/Educator_Licensure/Praxis_CS_Test_Reimbursement_GUIDANCE_and_FORM_03_06_2019.pdf
Please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org for assessment fee reimbursement questions.
As a reminder, under the Computer Science Teacher Endorsement and Instruction Stipend Program, Arkansas educators may be eligible to receive a one-time stipend up to $2,000.00 for gaining a 528 Computer Science Endorsement on their Arkansas Educator’s License and teaching a computer science course approved by the ADE Office of Computer Science. A full listing of all ADE provided computer science stipend and reimbursements can be found at: http://dese.ade.arkansas.gov/divisions/special-projects/arkansas-computer-science-initiative/computer-science-communications/computer-science-stipend-and-reimbursement-program-links.
For more information on the #CSforAR / #ARKidsCanCode Computer Science Initiative, please visit http://dese.ade.arkansas.gov/divisions/special-projects/arkansas-computer-science-initiative or contact the Computer Science office at CSforAR@arkansas.gov.