On behalf of Governor Asa Hutchinson, the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) is pleased to announce the Governor's Scholastic Honors Day to be held on April 25, 2020, at the Arkansas Governor's Mansion in Little Rock. Scholastic Honors Day recognizes Arkansas's best and brightest high school seniors.
- Public and private high schools are encouraged to select two (2) students in the senior class who best represent excellence in academic achievement.
- Due to scheduling limitations, each high school may only select two (2) students to attend the event.
- Selection criteria shall be determined by the submitting high schools.
- Registrations will ONLY be accepted from the school counselor and should be submitted online via the official registration link.
- This link will be emailed to school counselors between January 31, 2020 and March 20, 2020.
- Parent submissions will not be accepted.
- Prior to submitting student names, school counselors should confirm the students are available to attend.
- There will be no scheduled make up event.
- Certificates will reflect the names exactly as they are submitted.
- Please check the entry to ensure the student name is correct prior to submission.
- A slide show highlighting the students’ photo, name, and high school will be shown at the event.
- Each student's high school counselor and parents/guardians will receive an email on or after April 3, 2020, with details, such as arrival time, time of event, etc.
- A printed letter will arrive in the mail on or after April 3, 2020.
- To allow for a more personalized experience, students will be scheduled into specified times (between 60-90 minutes) depending on attendance.
- The event will be held at the Governor's Mansion, 1800 Center Street, Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Business attire is encouraged.
- Each student will have his or her picture taken with Governor Asa Hutchinson and First Lady Susan Hutchinson.
- Students will receive a signed certificate from the Governor.
- Students are welcome to bring their immediate family members to the event.
- Questions related to the Governor's Scholastic Honors Day should be directed to
ADE Guidance and School Counseling Unit
Dr. Allison Roberts
Please help ensure that Arkansas's most outstanding students have the opportunity to participate in this wonderful event to honor academic performance. The Governor and First Lady look forward to meeting the students and their parents/guardians on April 25, 2020!