The Arkansas Department of Education’s online grants management system training video has been updated as indicated below.
Updated GMS Training Video Link:
The Arkansas Department of Education’s online grants management system (GMS) is available for use by all program managers effective Friday, May 1, 2020.
Training for the online discretionary grant management system began in March, which was discontinued due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As an alternative to live training, the Communications Office has uploaded a ZOOM GMS training to the DESE website, which is available to all individuals for viewing at the following link:
For all individuals who are part of the discretionary grant application and/or grant reporting process, the individual must have completed one of the following in order to be approved for access to the online grant management system:
- Attended one of the live training sessions listed below:
- ADE auditorium on Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- Arch Ford Education Service Cooperative on Monday, March 9, 2020
- Northeast Arkansas Education Service Cooperative on Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- Northwest Arkansas Education Service Cooperative on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- Northcentral Arkansas Education Service Cooperative on Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Watch the ZOOM GMS training video on the DESE website and complete the attached quiz and return the completed quiz to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the Office of Internal Auditing does not have a signature on the sign-in sheet from one of the training sessions listed above or a copy of your completed quiz, then you WILL NOT be able to log on to the grant management system.
The viewing of the video and completion of the quiz must be completed and submitted by June 30, 2020.