On behalf of Governor Asa Hutchinson and First Lady Susan Hutchinson, the Arkansas Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) is announcing that the 2021 Governor's Scholastic Honors Day will be celebrated virtually this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) Directive on Indoor Venues. Governor Hutchinson would like to express his admiration of the achievements Arkansas’ most outstanding high school seniors have made, especially during these trying times. The Governor's Scholastic Honors Day is an annual event that highlights academic achievement throughout the state. We continue to honor this tradition through a virtual format.
- Public and private high schools are encouraged to select two students in the senior class who best represent excellent academic achievement.
- Each high school can only select two students.
- Selection criteria is determined entirely by the high school.
Registration and Event Details:
- Registration must be completed by school counselors and submitted online between February 1, 2021 and the deadline - March 19, 2021.
- The registration link (via google) will be sent only to school counselors.
- Parent submissions will not be accepted.
- Entry information should be checked to ensure the student's name and address are correct prior to submitting the registration.
- A printed letter and certificate will be sent to the student’s mailing address on or after April 9, 2021.
- Certificates will reflect the student's name (and spelling) as submitted through the registration link.
- A video will be created honoring the selected students.
- The video will include the student’s photo, name, school, and hometown.
- If your student would like to have a photo included, upload it in the Google registration form.
- Photos can be candid or school photos of the student only (.jpg format required).
- Headshot photos are preferred.
- The attached release must be completed and on file with the school before sending the photo.
- If a photo is not submitted, only the student’s name, school, and hometown will be included in the video.
- Each student's high school counselor and parents/guardians will receive an email on or before April 24, 2021, with information about how to access the video.
Questions related to the Governor's Scholastic Honors Day should be directed to Andrea Fortner, with the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education’s (DESE) Guidance and School Counseling Unit at 501-682-4354, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please help ensure that Arkansas's most outstanding students have the opportunity to participate in this wonderful event to honor academic performance. The governor and first lady look forward to honoring the students and their families!